Eileen Brown John Maynard and Debbie Leyland meet with Paul Eagle.
We talked with MP Paul Eagle and his advisor, Brian Dawson and covered:
- The mental health needs and unmet needs of people living in Rongotai and the continued lack of recognition of the importance of community facilities and housing needs.
- The lack of any engagement structure at the DHB level to advocate for people with mental health and their family’s needs
- Having a community meeting on mental health, a listening meeting
- That there needs to be an update on the Mental Health Plan – Te Ara Oranga
- The lack of communication and activity and responsiveness on the development of locality plans in Rongotai as previously promoted by the DHB and to be a structure within the new health reforms and legislation
- That locality plans should be based on community led development models
- Promotion of the UCAN charter and some of the specific actions in this plan e.g., abolishing the pharmacy charge
- Paul to raise locality plans with the DHBs when meets Local officials this week
- UCAN and Paul to discuss with other MPs in this area– Greg O Connor, Grant Robertson and Barbara Edmonds about progress on locality plans and discuss the model.