With a focus on understanding the impacts of these health cuts on the right to health, and communicating this to those in charge and the wider public. From Newtown, Wellington, UCAN NZ , is becoming a nation-wide Network.
UCAN aims to:
- Contribute to Treaty based processes that align the rights recognised in Articles 2 and 3 of Te Titiri o Waitingi, and universal rights to Primary Health.
- Gather information, personal stories and data about the undermining of Primary Health in New Zealand.
- Encourage and cooperate with local communities and national alliances to resist cuts that increase poverty and deprive people of their right to health care.
- Negotiate and debate with governance bodies and representatives responsible for ensuring universal rights to Primary Health are upheld and protected.
- Support those who decide to assert their legal rights to safe, equitable and responsive Primary Health Care
- Work towards a viable and sustainable system of public and Primary Health Care.
UCAN is affiliated with no political party.
For further information regarding the UCAN Charter of Health or UCAN NZ, please email us at the email address below.
If you or your organization would like to support/endorse the UCAN Charter for Health, please email us at the email address below.