With a focus on understanding the impacts of these health cuts on the right to health, and communicating this to those in charge and the wider public.
From Newtown, UCAN NZ , is becoming a nation-wide Network.
UCAN aims to:
- Contribute to Treaty based processes that align the rights recognised in Articles 2 and 3 of Te Titiri o Waitingi, and universal rights to Primary Health.
- Gather information, personal stories and data about the undermining of Primary Health in New Zealand.
- Encourage and cooperate with local communities and national alliances to resist cuts that increase poverty and deprive people of their right to health care.
- Negotiate and debate with governance bodies and representatives responsible for ensuring universal rights to Primary Health are upheld and protected.
- Support those who decide to assert their legal rights to safe, equitable and responsive Primary Health Care
- Work towards a viable and sustainable system of public and Primary Health Care.